Thursday, July 03, 2008

Home Sweet erm....Home?

Sweet home Chicago was starting to turn a little more sour than sweet by the end of my two week trip. Note to self....two weeks away with both kids and no Charlie....not such a great idea. To top it all off, I got a horrible cold the last couple of days of my trip....no fun! Needless to say, I was extremely happy to get home! Let me just start by saying that I knew Charlie was messy when I married him. I used to consider myself somewhat of an organized person but years of living with Charlie has made me let that go. You know that whole pick your battles thing not to mention it would be a full time job just cleaning up after him (and the kids). Sure, I complain that my husband doesn't seem to even know what those containers such as the garbage can and the laundry basket are even for but it doesn't really help. Every morning before I can take my shower, I have to pick up his clothes, newspaper, coffee cup, water bottle, and other assorted trash and place them into the aforementioned containers. Yes, it's annoying, but it is also a trade-off. He might be messy but he is laid back and not controlling...exactly what I needed in a man. I've come to deal with it....however....when I got home from Chicago all I have to say is Oh My GOSH!!! Deep breaths Kristin, deep breaths! See below for the reason why. In his defense, his mother IS moving into a new house that isn't done yet and she is storing half of her house here...but, on top of that, was two weeks of laundry and crap. Dear lord, how am I ever going to get through this mess?? I know Charlie feels bad and to make up for it, he is taking me away this weekend for yet another trip. I swear I have not been home for a single weekend since April. But, I am looking forward to reconnecting with my husband and taking a little vaca from the kids. I guess this mess will just be waiting for me when I get home. Did I mention I HATE coming home to a mess? Ack, help me!


Here is Natalie's room...she got Charlie's messy gene!

Dylan wanted to get in on the action :)
Here is the office...

The piles of laundry waiting for me....ughhh...I am SO over laundry.
More of the living room...

This mess will just have to wait because I have six sessions to edit that I didn't finish in Chicago...home sweet home :)
I'll post actual pictures from my shoots tomorrow....and for the record...I love my messy husband even if he drives me crazy sometimes ;)
Til Next Time....
Kristin

No comments:

 
weddings photographer