Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Beautiful Cousin!

A couple of weeks ago (actually more like two months ago, but who's counting), my cousin Natalie, her two friends and I ventured out for a little photo shoot. She wanted some pictures of her and her girlfriends having fun together. We happened to pick the COLDEST day of the year! It was FREEZING (the high was in the 40's!). I seriously had frostbite on my hands by the end of the day. But the girls were bound and determined to to the pictures done on this day and who was I to argue? I definitely do not envy photographers who live in cold climates! Despite the cold, we had a blast! These girls were sooo much fun to work with...they take pictures of themselves constantly so they already knew how to pose and how to work their angles :) In the words of Tyra...they were FIERCE! Here are some of my favorites of Natalie's solo shoot. I will post the other pictures in more posts!



This one is her mom's favorite...isn't she gorgeous!?!?!
Natalie evoking ANTM spirits :) (That's America's Next Top Model for all of you who live in a cave, LOL)!
If the girls weren't crazy enough to go out in the frigid air, we had planned a second outfit...a tiny little dress! AHH!! And the sun was setting...I think my car thermometer had dropped to the thirties by this point. To top it all off (because my name is Dr. Evil), I made them go to the top of a windy parking garage! You can't even tell...Natalie is a pro!
Gorgeous girl in yummy, buttery afternoon sunlight! Doesn't she look like a model?

Also, a bit of news...I have been thinking about doing 15 minute mini-sessions for Easter. I have several Easter card options that I will be posting here very shortly. My friend even volunteered baby chicks and bunnies to use in the photos. Use the poll below to vote! If enough people are interested I will pick a date and post details.


Til next time...
Kristin

1 comment:

lucas rawlings said...

Dear kristen,
We have not cordially met yet, but I am Natalie's boyfriend luke. I absolutly love the pictures you took of her. She looks absolutly amazing, she looks better than those models on ANTM. I know that Natalie has been thinking about wanting to do another shoot with me and her, just so that she has some good pictures of us. Please feel free to email me at: foreverpopeye@yahoo.com. Hope to finally meet u soon. Natalie has told me MANY stories of u.
Sincerely,
Luke Rawlings

 
weddings photographer