Saturday, April 05, 2008

Bad Blogger and the Perils of a Newborn Shoot!

I'm sorry I have been such a bad blogger these past couple of weeks. Things around here have been super busy and the kids were off this week for spring break. When they are around, nothing gets done!

I am so excited about this month that I am ready to burst! I am rebranding myself and having a professional logo/brand designed for me. I cannot wait to share it with you. I am also building my new website (finally!!). It is going to be beautiful and I can't wait for it to go live so you all can see it too. Also...I FINALLY got my new laptop! Charlie and I have been sharing a computer ever since my other laptop crashed and it has made it extremely difficult to keep on top of my ever growing work. I normally average around 1 session per day but since having my new computer, I have been averaging 3 sessions/day! I will be able to offer my clients a much faster turnaround time now....wahoo!!

Ok...onto the pictures....because really, what is a post without pictures? This is my girlfriend from middle school who just became a new mommy. I am so proud of her and so happy that I was able capture this special time in their family. I LOVE photographing newborns. With that said (listen up future newborn clients), it is not easy work. I might be at your house for 1 hour or 4 hours depending on the baby. The best time to photograph your newborn is in the first week...after that, they wake up and let you know that they are not very happy about you undressing them, moving them around, ect. This little guy was determined to break my record for longest session (5 hours).....he peed and pooped on me, several times, but...when I got home and looked through the pictures, I knew it was ALL worth it!

Here's baby Liam with his mama....I thought that because she is my friend, I would be able to talk her into some more artistic photos (I have been dying to try out some ideas) but it was a no go...I barely got her to take these! If anybody out there is reading this and is about to have a baby...if you are willing to give me free artistic reign, I would do a shoot for free. E-mail me or leave a comment if you are interested (or someone you know is interested!).

Normally, I have a lot to say, but I LOVE these images so I will just let them speak for themselves...


I have many many more sessions to share with you so stayed tuned! Also...thank you everyone who voted for my headshot! #1 was the winner and I updated the picture on the left.
Til next time...
Kristin

No comments:

 
weddings photographer