Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

So, I was tagged in one of these stupid lists on Facebook so I thought I would past it here instead of there. Here are 25 random things about me...

1. I think it is important for families to eat together. I make an effort to sit down with my family WITHOUT telephones, Internet, ect. at least 4 times/week.

2. I have a love/hate relationship with my cell phone. It makes things so much easier but I hate how people think that you should be available to talk to them anytime. Just because I have my phone with me at all times does not mean I feel like talking when you call. Leave a message and I will call you back when I am ready to talk.

3. I HATE doing laundry! I usually get through the washing, drying and folding parts...I cannot stand the putting away part and therefore have piles of folded laundry all over my house. It's a mental block.

4. I feel very inadequate when it comes to housekeeping. It's just not that important to me yet I feel this guilt in the back of my mind that I should care more. I feel judged (and guilty) every time somebody comes to my house and it isn't perfectly clean.

5. I think I am a little ADD. I have trouble staying on task and I get easily distracted.

6. I took four years of Spanish in high school and four semesters of French in college. I was going to spend a year abroad in France and Spain but my life took me other places.

7. I have a slight (ok, big) addiction to TV. The invention of Tivo has made it much worse. If you ask me for a list of my favorite shows that I CANNOT miss, it is embarrassingly long. It includes The Office (funniest show ever!), Mad Men, Big Love, Dexter, Brothers and Sisters, Gossip Girl (so embarrassing but I love it...especially the fashion), America's Next Top Model (I watch it for the photography), and the Hills (another embarrassing show but I have been hooked since Laguna Beach). I think it is a good mix of really amazing shows and trash.

8. I have big time mommy guilt. I never feel like I am good enough.

9. I love to read. I always have to have a book and I read every night before I go to bed.

10. I use earplugs at night. I started wearing them because Charlie snores but now I need them even when I am alone. I like silence when I sleep.

11. I also need it to be completely black in order to go to sleep. I even cover up the clocks in the room because the light wakes me up.

12. I am addicted to Afrin. If you don't know what that is, it is a nose spray that lets you breathe. I am currently in the process of diluting it with saline and I am down to 20%. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of myself!

13. I am usually ok with the way I look but some days, I have the plastic surgeon on speed dial with the list of everything I want to change.

14. I love food and I feel bad for people that don't have a developed palette. I think it is one of lifes most amazing pleasures and they don't know what they are missing.

15. I talk really loud when I get excited.

16. I envy women who look "put together" all of the time. I want to be chic and trendy and sophisticated. I feel inadequate when I see them.

17. I was born in Pocatello, Idaho. Yep, I'm an Idaho potato! We moved to Florida when I was 2 and I don't remember anything other than Orlando.

18. When we first moved to Orlando, we lived in a house one street over from where we live now. I think it is weird and neat.

19. I think everything is totally random. I drive my husband crazy because I am always saying "that's random." He did recently point out something that was totally random but was hesitant to admit that it was indeed random. A jewelry shop and a cell phone store together...random!

20. We grew up in unincoporated Longwood (translation: out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by woods, dirt roads, and a place we called the boonies). We were able to wonder around and play freely without our parents worrying about us. I feel sad that my kids don't have that same opportunity.

21. I grew up with the most wonderful neighbors. They let us come over whenvever we wanted and we could stay as long as we wanted. Mrs. Murphy used to rescue opossum babies and keep them in her hair or in her shirt to make them feel like she was their mom. It's so weird to me now but it was awesome when I was 10.

22. When I was 10, another neighbor found two stray kittens. I sat out in my lawn for hours hoping and praying that one more kitten would find me. I wanted a pet desperately! One did find me and he became my first pet, Rumpleteaser (after a cat from Cats of course!).

23. I feel very blessed that my parents thought that it was important for us to travel. They always made it a priority and we got to go many places as children. I have been to about 30 states, Switzerland, Germany, France, Spain, many of the Caribbean Islands, Mexico, and all over Canada.

24. We got to go and spend 6 weeks every summer with my grandparents in Ogdensburg, NY...way upstate on the Canadian border. We weren't allowed to watch TV, we were forced to read books (well, I love reading so it wasn't that bad), we had to do chores like making our beds everyday, and we were allowed to go all over town as long as we were home by dark time. It is some of the best memories from my childhood and I feel so blessed that I had that opportunity.

25. I have many friends but only one true best friend. We became best friends in the second grade because we were both nerds who didn't have any other friends. I know she will always be there for me. I feel bad for people that don't have that in their lives.

Ok, so that is it! Kudos to you if you made it through that whole boring list. I do love this blog that lets my clients get to know me. I will leave you with two pictures in case you skipped over all of the boring text ;)

I *heart* this picture...a two year old and his new baby brother.
Photobucket

I also love this one...an artistic take on the classic baby sleeping on daddy's chest.

Photobucket

Til next time...
Kristin

1 comment:

Marisa Natale said...

Kristin, your work is amazing! I can't compliment you enough! I loved our maternity shoot together and I can't wait to continue working with you in the future!

 
weddings photographer