Thursday, January 22, 2009

One that Caught my Eye...

When I first started my photography business, I looked to other photographers for inspiration and advice. One piece of advice seemed to come from every successful photographer was to find your own style. I had no idea how to even begin to define my style so I just kept shooting. I think after four years, I finally have a grasp on my own style; elements that are common threads in all of my photos. Connections between people (usually including laughter, hugs, kisses, or snuggles), close-up, focus on the people with non-distracting backgrounds and usually a pop of color are inevitably my favorite photos and I think define my style of photography. I love that my camera captures those moments that my clients aren't even really aware are happening. As I was going through a session I shot this weekend, this picture caught my eye...this picture is the definition of my style. Moments captured that will be treasured for a lifetime...

Photobucket

Til next time...
Kristin

1 comment:

Mary Marantz said...

those are all GREAT things to define a style! love this shot!

 
weddings photographer